Eye Diagnosis - OverviewThis App has the purpose to support the visualization of eye photographs on an Android device, in order to do medical diagnosis.
- Organization of eye photos by name, date and side (right/left)
- Display of two eye photos in parallel (with full support of individual resizing), so that comparisons are possible (such as right-left comparison, earlier-later comparison, different person comparison, or comparison to an iris topography).
- Change of brightness and contrast of the photo during display, and overlay with an iris topography.
- You can also save information in the photos, such as brightness adaptions and comments. To be able to store information and use the full functionality of the app, you need photos in JPG format.
Step 1: Organize the photos.
In this step, you can organize eye photos.
The App expects new eye photos in an input folder. This folder is preconfigured as the target folder of the Eye-Fi app or as the default folder of the camera, but can be changed via the settings.
In the “Organize new photos” activity, you can assign new eye photos from the input folder to a person and a date and prepare them in this way for the app. Then the photos will be renamed and moved to the eye photo folder.
As further alternative, you may take pictures directly from the app with the device camera. This will normally not give photos in adequate quality, but it serves as an alternative to a professional camera, in particular if you use a macro lens such as the Miniris-2 or Iricell .
As third alternative,
Step 2: View photos.
This is the main purpose of the app, but it requires the photos to be organized via step 1.
In this activity, you can
- Show one of the photos in detail. Here you can also change brightness and contrast of the photo, show iris topographies as overlay, or write a comment to a photo.
- Display two photos for comparison (and pinch them independently).
Trial period / In-App purchases
The app allows free use only for a trial period of two weeks. Further use requires the one-time purchase of an in-app package.
There is an accompanying Windows application that can be used to view the photos that have been organized with this app. For more information, see https://augendiagnose-app.de/en/windowsapp/ .
The app stores information (like iris position or comments) directly in the JPG image files. This has the advantage that all such information is still available if you copy the pictures from one device to another one. To some extent, information like comments will be even available when viewing the files in MS Windows.
However, this kind of storage imposes a small risk. It may happen that on some devices, or for pictures from some cameras, storage of information in the JPG fails, or possibly even destroys the JPG file. Therefore, it is recommended that you keep backups of your JPG files at least when using the app for the first time with a new device or with a new camera.
The app “Eye Diagnosis” uses the camera for taking eye photos. The app does not store, collect or send any personal data of any kind. All pictures taken by the app are stored only locally on your device.